Announcements

April 20th, 2012- Meeeeeeeeeeeeh.

My Lovely Readers

Friday, December 3, 2010

Shopping Ban on Animal-Tested Products

My makeup drawer, split mostly into cruelty-free products (in the golden box and the brushes in the little tray) and products tested on animals.
Animal testing never used to bother me. I didn't like buying products that have been tested on innocent animals, but I bought it if I really wanted it. If there were two similar products, one tested on animals and one that wasn't, I'd buy the one that wasn't, even if it costs a little more. Lately, I've been reading into the issue with animal testing. I read about laboratories where bunnies have potentially damaging chemicals applied to their eye, where test subjects often kill themselves trying to escape, where hundreds of thousands of animals are euthanized, too distraught to be set free. This is horrifying to learn about, and I've made up my mind to stop supporting companies that test on animals. There are other alternatives to testing cosmetics. There's no excuse.

After I'm done with my current list of products to review, products from certain brands like L'Oreal or Maybelline would be featured very rarely, if at all. This means, more Revlon, Hard Candy, and maybe even MAC (like I said, I'd pay more just to avoid animal-tested products).

What are your views on animal testing?

2 comments:

gyc said...

such a good idea! if you don't like the products which tests on animals, you can give them away to other people such as your family/relatives ^^

Yuki said...

I'd given them away, since I don't use a few of my makeup items, but everyone but my immediate family lives in Taiwan!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...